- KYOUNG CHANG
- RUSSIAN BRS-1
- SMITH & WESSON
The R Clip assists with turning the key particularly useful when handcuffed to the rear and can be used as an actuator to double-lock handcuffs.
- Tip: Very little pressure is required to operate handcuffs with a key - never force a key to turn!
- 'Tactical' handcuff keys are prone to breaking when such excessive stress/torque is applied
- This is a known issue with polymer handcuff keys that can result in a blocked keyway
- If the AHK breaks it has been designed to fragment into small parts that can be shaken free from the working parts, so it should not block the keyway and therefore allow for a back-up key to be used
- When using the AHK we recommend that you use it to 'pick and sweep' the lock, taking care to feel for the movement of the working parts. Gently rocking and tilting the key works best for some handcuffs and altering the depth works for others. Attaching anything to the AHK to assist with turning the key can result in excess torque being applied