What is diskAshurDT?
The iStorage Desktop Secure Hard Drive is the world’s first portable hardware encrypted hard drive with PIN code access and capacities of up to 3TB.
The iStorage Desktop Secure Hard Drive utilises military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption, which encrypts all data stored on the drive in real time. Should the drive be lost or stolen, the user can rest assured that all data held on the drive is safe and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised third party, even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Why the diskAshurDT? Did you know that tens of millions of external data storage devices are lost every year and this figure is rising. Have you ever considered the impact of losing your non-encrypted hard drive or USB flash memory key? Your data would be at the mercy of anyone who stumbles across it. Your personal videos may appear on YouTube, your business data sent to a competitor, your personal and financial information used for fraudulent purposes. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) now has the power to fine businesses and government bodies up to £500,000 for serious breaches of the Data Protection Act. This includes the loss of an unencrypted portable hard drive or USB flash memory key that contains customer data. The ICO has been very clear in advising businesses to encrypt all data that workers access, they also recognise that data which is encrypted and lost or stolen is not vulnerable to compromise.
Loss of confidential data can have a devastating effect on both businesses and consumers. It could lead to a hefty fine, the downfall of a business, embarrassment, job losses and adverse media focus. The iStorage Desktop Secure Hard Drive can protect you against all of this.
- Complex passwords can be cracked easily and quickly with a Brute Force Attack
- Simple password cracking software is readily available on the internet, often free of charge
- Software encryption is vulnerable to key loggers – where every key pressed is logged in either a software or hardware key logger
- Software encryption can be corrupted by viruses
- Software encryption is much slower when compared to hardware encryption
- Software encryption needs to be installed on each computer that the external storage device is used on
- Software encryption shares computers resources to encrypt data with other programs on the computer, making it only as safe as your computer
- The diskAshur DT cannot be brute force attacked
- The diskAshur DT is not vulnerable to keyloggers as the PIN is entered on the unit rather than the keyboard
- The diskAshur DT does not require any software and can be used on any PC, MAC or Linux machine
- Encryption is performed in real-time thus there is no speed degradation
- No software or drivers are required
- Secure access with personalised 6-16 digit PIN
- Capacities of 1TB, 2TB & 3TB
- Complete security with Real Time 256-bit Military Grade AES Hardware Encryption
- Encrypts all data on the fly, as fast as any USB3 hard drive
- No software required – no Admin Rights required
- USB3 interface
- Rugged and portable design
- Admin feature – set 1 Admin and up to 10 user PIN codes
- Compatible with any OS – Windows, MAC, Linux
- Utilises FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
- Brute Force Hack Defence Mechanism
- Guaranteed with 2 year warranty