The SF Bivvi Bag also performs in an emergency to protect against weather elements if you are benighted in less than ideal circumstances. The technical fabric of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m per 24hours.
When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your fast and light ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with the worst weather, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag. The SF Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for fast and light ventures, adventure races and emergency survival. With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your outdoor kit, with or without a sleeping bag. A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head guarantees waterproof and windproof durability, creating an enclosed micro-climate that increases humidity, and maintaining body temperature through the protection of evaporative and convention heat loss. Snugpak Bivvi Bags come complete in Standard and Extra Large Sizes, which can be used with 4 Season or Expedition (Polar) based sleeping bags as well as the Snugpak AR Sleeping System. Please Note: Snugpak Bivvi Bags have a solid coating, and although designed to be breathable, sufficient air cannot pass through the fabric to sustain breathing. Care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, so as to prevent suffocation.
- Half centre zip for quick and easy access (perfect for use with the snugpak special forces range of sleeping bags).
- 100% waterproof fabric with a Hydro Static Head in Excess of 5000mm (items with a Hydrostatic Head over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof).
- Taped & Sealed Seams
- Breathable (will transmit up to 7.5 litres of moisture per m2 per 24 hours)
- Soft to the touch
- Supplied with own stuff sack
- Outer Fabric treated with a Durable Water Repellant (water repellancy can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic retreatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
- It is important to note that as this has a solid coating, air cannot pass so care should be taken not to completely seal any Bivvi Bag system, to prevent suffocation.