Synthetic Insulation and other equipment need to be protected when not worn, and in inclement weather, water can penetrate your pack from all angles, inside and out. The Snugpak Dri-Sak creates an enclosed 100% waterproof environment for essential equipment and is made from a lightweight nylon fabric; additional D-rings allow the Dri-Sak to be clipped together, or secured vertically/horizontally in your pack to minimise movement when moving over difficult and dangerous terrain. The 100% waterproof material also keeps out sand, dust and snow, for overseas and colder ventures and expeditions, and they are a great way of separating wet/dry and clean/dirty items of clothing and equipment. In an emergency, they design can also be used to carry emergency water supplies, as an impromptu bladder,if required. If inflated without contents, they also make excellent emergency pillows!
Proper Use:The Snugpak Dri-Sak is not designed to be submerged for extended periods of time. Once you have placed your items inside, expel as much as possible, to reduce the overall pack size, and then roll down the reinforced hem at least 3 times before closing with the buckle. If storing other equipment, be careful with sharp edges or abrasive items that damage the inner face of the material.
They are available in three colours and the following five sizes:
- 4L Small - Perfect from individuals items, venture smocks and lightweight sleeping bags.
- 8L Medium - Grouped items, clothing as well as 2-3 Season Sleeping Bags.
- 13L Large - Ideal as a small rucksack liner to segregate equipment, for or an entire sleeping system.
- 20L X-Large - Used for bulkier items, & complete expedition packs including 4 Season Sleeping Systems.
- 35L XX-Large - Used to segregate expedition rucksacks (>40L) and create an enclosed waterproof pack.