We created Tightrope for the kind of active lifestyle that follows the road only far enough to find its own path. Think of this frame as a sport inspiration that got a taste of the street. Tightrope walks the line between performance and polish, and in the process, gives you the best of both worlds.
- C-5 - Five metal compounds are superheated and fused into this durable yet lightweight alloy that serves as the chassis of Oakley Wire® frames and as components in other styles
- Three-Point Fit - A patented innovation that ensures the frame makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the sides of the head. It holds lenses in precise optical alignment with a secure fit that eliminates the pressure points common with frames that hook the ears
- Unobtainium® Ear Socks - Unobtainium® earsocks provide increased comfort and performance. Increases grip with sweat
- Plutonite® Lens - One of the most optically pure materials used in eyewear today, it maximizes clarity and impact resistance while filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Not a coating, the UV protection is from the lens material itself
- High Definition Optics® - High Definition Optics® (HDO®) is a collection of patented technologies that allow Oakley eyewear to meet or exceed the testing standards of the American National Standards Institute for optical clarity, visual fidelity, and impact resistance
- Oakley HDPolarized® - Improving safety, comfort and performance, Oakley HDPolarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare without the haze and optical distortion that can come with polarized lenses made with conventional manufacturing techniques